I’m back with my first pattern review of the year! It almost seems redundant seeing how many times this pattern has already been reviewed: the Named Inari. I’d already made the dress version and loved it, so when I had some leftover rayon from another project, I decided to sew the tee variation.
It started with a top. This top, to be precise:
Suddenly I had visions of a wardrobe filled with long sleeve merino tops – warm, moisture-wicking and odour-repelling.* A few online orders later, and I had enough merino jersey meterage to begin my wardrobe plan (more on the other garments later). Continue reading “Merino Paola Turtleneck Tee”
The title says it all really! After participating in and thoroughly enjoying The Monthly Stitch Indie Pattern Month’s “New to Me” and “Hack It” challenges, I figured I could make use of the “Indie Royalty” theme, in which you create an entire outfit from indie patterns, to knock a few garments out of my queue and sew up some stash. Of course, it wasn’t until I was part way through sewing for the challenge when I realised that the fabrics I thought I had stashed deep in my wardrobe were pretty much non-existent.
Thanks to a few quick trips to Spotlight, I completed the challenge, and had a lot of fun doing so! The patterns I used were: Named Esme Maxi Cardigan, Named Helmi Tunic Dress (are you noticing a theme?), So Sew Easy Custom-Fit Leggings, and because I’m a smarmy overachiever, I even knitted my hat (Ysolda’s Solas in The Fibre Co. Arranmore – I’ll review that another time). Continue reading “The “What Have I Got Myself Into” Outfit – Indie Pattern Month 2017, Indie Royalty”
Apologies for the dreadful title. Perhaps I should have gone with the Paollari? Anyway, what I’m trying to say is that this garment is a combination of three sewing patterns: the Sew Over It Molly Dress (available as a free download), the Named Inari Dress and the Named Paola Turtleneck Tee. It forms my entry for the second week of The Monthly Stitch Indie Pattern Month: Hack It, in which participants are required to alter or blend together patterns to create a new style.
I mentioned in my post about my Ottobre 5/2016 tee that I liked the turtleneck style so much, I quickly moved on to the Named Paola Turtleneck Tee. When I started this project, I realised this was the ideal opportunity to use up some neglected fabrics in my stash, and make the perfect (or perfectly daggy) 70s outfit.
I’ve been commenting and chatting to people about the Named Kielo Dress I made for several months now, so I figured it was time to bite the bullet and actually blog the darn thing! This story, I believe, began back in November, when Mads suggested I try Named Patterns. She rightly assumed I would enjoy their style and draft, and I have been especially pleased with the garments I’ve made from their line, the Sointu Kimono Tee and the Inari Tee Dress. I am equally happy with the Kielo Dress!
This project shouldn’t have worked.
Despite initially being excited to start the Named Inari Tee Dress for my Jungle January entry, I was convinced throughout cutting and sewing that I had made the wrong decision. The cocoon shape would not flatter my figure and the deliberate style details (unbalanced shoulder seam, raised front hem) were usually tell-tale signs of a poorly-fitted garment on me. But this is the garment that proved me wrong!