If you’re a regular reader of my blog, you’ll know my love for Burda and their shirt patterns in particular. A couple of years back, I made the Burda 04/2010 #114 long-sleeved blouse which became my most-loved and worn button up shirt. When it finally hit the dust (RIP shirt), I didn’t think twice before replacing it.
In my summer planning post, I mentioned I had some stretch woven shirt fabric that I intended to make up into Burda Three Quarter Sleeve Blouse 06/2013 #119. Well, that post must have been great motivation, because I went on a Burda shirt muslin frenzy! As well as the three quarter sleeve blouse, I muslined a stack of other shirt patterns – one of which was this Burda Silk Blouse 04/2011 #105.
I don’t often see a lot of sewing failures posted online. Perhaps we’re more inclined to share successes, or maybe others don’t create quite as many wadders as I do. I certainly make my share of sucky garments, and this post is about one of them: Burda 6798 boyfriend jeans.
Warning: contains a GIF
Apologies to those who read the title and thought this would be a “listicle” post- I’m not Buzzfeed, nor The Warrnambool Standard*, and I think we can all agree writing lists requires a certain brevity which I do not possess.
This Spoonflower review is a long time coming – almost so long as to make it redundant! (Sorry, guys.) But I figured if I was going to share the garments I made from my Spoonflower purchase, I may as well share some thoughts on the quality of their fabric.
I like to keep a close eye on the latest Burda releases, and when this pattern was announced, I knew I had to make it. The drama! The boxiness! Those sleeves!
I’m really behind on blogging some garments – this shirt was made way back at the beginning of December. At the time, the weather was warming up and I decided I needed some new short sleeve shirts. So, armed with yet another fabric order from The Remnant Warehouse, I got to work.