Warning: contains GIF
So long, Bronwyn. I tried so hard to make this pattern work – I started it top down, three times in three different ways, before conceding to the pattern instructions and beginning from the bottom.
I worked on it for months, but once I reached near the end, I had to admit defeat. The body was inches too short, the yoke barely reaching my upper chest. The one sleeve I knitted was tiny – even though it had already been knitted and reknitted and worked to make it fit my arms.
It wasn’t meant to be. Although Zealana Rimu DK, a merino/possum blend, looked divine in cables and twists, the knitted fabric was dense and unyielding, making for an unflattering and mostly unwearable garment. I’ll rip it out (sigh) and set the yarn aside for a more suited project.
EDIT 20/06/18: I finished the damn thing. Blogged here.